Horncastle Primary School is an inclusive school committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school community. We focus on the well-being and progress of every child within an environment where all members of our community are of equal worth.
We believe that the Equality Act provides a framework to support our commitment to valuing diversity, tackling discrimination, promoting equality and fostering good relationships between people. It also ensures that we continue to tackle issues of disadvantage and underachievement of different groups.
We eliminate discrimination by
- Adopting a School Behaviour Management policy which ensures that all children feel safe at school
- Reporting, responding to and monitoring all racist incidents thoroughly
- Regularly monitoring the curriculum to ensure that it meets the needs of all pupils and that it promotes respect for diversity and challenges negative stereotyping
- Ensuring teaching is of the highest quality so that children reach their potential and all pupils are given equal entitlement to success
- Tracking pupil progress to ensure all children make good progress, intervening when necessary
- Ensuring all pupils have the opportunity to access extra-curricular provision
- Listening to and monitoring views and experiences of pupils and adults to evaluate the effectiveness of our policies and procedures.
- Advancing equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
We advance equality of opportunity by
- Using the information we gather to identify underachieving groups or individuals and plan targeted intervention
- Ensuring participation of parents/carers and pupils in school development
- Listening to parents/carers
- Listening to pupils at all times
We foster good relations by
- Ensuring that Horncastle Primary School is seen as a community school within our local area
- Ensuring that equality and diversity are embedded in the curriculum and in collective worship